The sale price of your home will closely match the sale price of the home down the street that is similar to yours that sold just a month ago. But how do you ensure the sale price is as high as possible and sell before your neighbours house down the street that is also up for sale? Here are a few tips:
- Create Space – Declutter meaning flat surfaces should have minimal trinkets on them, 3 at most. Consider removing personal photos. Empty cupboards and closets of things that you will not use or can do without and put them in storage. When potential Buyers open the doors and see empty space this will give the impression of additional space.
- Complete Minor Repairs – Fresh paint, clean carpets, and replace faucets are all easy and quick and budget friendly repairs. This will give the impression of a well cared for home.
- Replace/Fix Flooring – Removing and replacing dated flooring colors and types can go a long way in getting a good price and a quicker sale.
- Stage your Home – This will give an extra level of appeal when furniture is current and up to date.
- Stage Outdoor Areas – Replace damage door knobs/locks, paint the front/back door, paint railings, keep lawn watered, potted flowers, and remove old/damaged lawn furniture.
- Energy Efficiency – When updating appliances, light fixtures, windows, HVAC use energy efficient grade products.
- Hire a Realtor – Homes will sell quicker and for more money when working with a Realtor than homeowners that go the FSBO route.